If Strategic Planning Is Doing The Right Thing ...
Strategy Implementation Is Doing Things Right
The seeds to effective strategy implementation are sown the moment the strategic planners sit down to plan. I Facilitate Planning Workshops - strategic planning workshops or strategy implementation workshops - for all types of organisations using my unique approach to strategic planning - The Wagon Wheel Way™.
- You will understand the significance of basing your action plan on “how we are going to do it” rather than on “this is what we are going to do”.
- You will appreciate that the process of strategic planning is just as important as the quality of the plan itself.
- You will have a template to work to that guarantees that you will meet your strategic planning objectives.
- You will identify a goal that engages all your staff in its accomplishment.
- You will start the process of Organisational Alignment - the key to effective strategy implementation.
- Your organisation will have a common language.
- You will have a plan for the future that is firmly attached to the present.
- You will have a plan where everyone in your organisation has a role to play in its execution.
In my book Execution to Die For I identify 13 barriers to bringing plans to reality that are related to the strategic planning process itself. Using The Wagon Wheel Way™, together with my Facilitation Services, will ensure that you don’t crash into them.
Feedback surveys provide a baseline and measure progress
The following feedback surveys are used to assess the current reality and for monitoring and measuring progress towards the achievement of your plan’s objectives:
- Executive Feedback Survey may be undertaken to establish the degree of consensus among senior executives
- Employee Feedback Survey will establish the current degree of alignment and engagement among your staff
- Customer Feedback Survey will measure customer satisfaction levels and your organisation’s competitive position
- Towards Ten Thousand will help you harness the power of teams and teamwork